söndag 24 januari 2010

Cat´s eye キャッツ アイ - a nostagia trip back to the wonderland of being a child

I have been watching the Korean drama show Boys Over Flowers (the Korean version of the famous manga series) for the last two days and it´s been a while if not the first time I am feeling all giggly about two high schoolers kissing on screen. But I am not logged in at 3.40am in the morning to talk about how frickin hot and juicy the boys are in the drama show. I am going to talk about when I was a kid I was absolutely obsessed with this manga series called Cat´s eye.
The protagonists of the series are the three beautiful Kisugi sisters — Rui, Hitomi and Ai — who run a café called Cat's Eye. The sisters lead a double life as a trio of highly skilled art thieves, leaving razor-thin "Cat's Eye" calling cards (adorned with a red cat emblem and capable of slicing through metal, skin and imbedding into concrete walls) at the scenes of their crimes. They steal works of art (mostly paintings) that belonged to their long-missing father, Michael Heinz, who was a famous art collector during the Nazi regime), in the hopes of him contacting them.


It was not until this summer back in Stockholm when I was cleaning out our storage room that I found my precious 3 art stealing sisters. I must have read them atleast 30 times, usually during summer holiday...it was great times. Gawd, I feel like I am being all nostalgic and mushy emotions is pouring out from my soul. Maybe it is all the this jibberish drama I am watching but today I almost cried at the Korean restaurant when Erica wiped Cliffs hand after him spilling wine on himself...and ofcourse AJ had to give the "watch and learn woman" look although he denies it.

Anyways, if you guys wanna read some high quality manga try Cat´s eye. My cousin says it is vintage stuff but seriously this shit kept me thinking that when I grow up I will become a professional art thief with super long legs and very very big eyes.
No super powers

manga-6


NfmitsiLPSIQlGL


200px-Cat's_Eye

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar