My agency called me in for a test shoot a couple of days ago, they “flew” in this photographer from Amsterdam for their models to update their portfolio. I had a talk with the director of the agency and she is such a darling, too bad she is not doing bookings for models anymore. My booker and her assistant on the other hand is of a different story, it is like they are walking around with a PMS cloud over their head every frickin day.
So I told the head booker that I don’t feel comfortable with the agency mainly because they are very commercial and I would like them to let me go – detach me from the contract. Holy molly, she started to scream at me and telling me that just because I am from Europe I think I am too good for them and that there is no money in high fashion anyways and that she has never been so honest and mean to anyone and that she is spending one hour of her valuable time sharing career secrets to me …. blablabla. Hand on my heart, she is (probably) a lovely person but I just can’t eat the whole commercial shit. And believe me when I say that I am not doing this for the Benjamins. There is no cashing in this business for you unless you are Kate or Gisele, which I learnt for over five years ago in HK. So spare me the talk about how commercial stuff pays you more than editorial. You want to exploit me? You scratch mine and I will scratch yours, hell, I even put on some lotion on yours if you are really smooth.
When you go for a casting in Europe you have to show your personal style and absolutely NO makeup. Here you go with a frickin cupcake all over your face and have to dress like a whore. And Alexander Wang is suddenly the old Chinese guy selling noodles across the street. Okay, I really want to book that job but I not am going to look like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Actually they would consider her look in the movie “classy” here in Singapore.
My current internship finishes in May, so do expect me sporting a pair of patent thigh-high leather boots in two month and fake glittery eyelashes. N for your information, while every other fashion capital is into the whole Rock glam Balmain thingy, here is all about Miss World 2005…*sigh*
tisdag 17 februari 2009
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar